Is Fiverr Legit? Is Fiverr safe for sellers? If you are a beginner and want to start on Fiverr, this article will guide you about how it works and every bit of information.
Fiverr is one of the most popular Non-Traditional freelancing platforms out there. Although it has strict rules and policies, you can use different skills and services on this exquisite platform. These are pretty different as compared to other platforms.
The Fiverr management won’t suspend your account if you follow their terms and condition, communicate, and do business inside the platform. In this article, I’ll tell you how to avoid scammers on Fiverr and get your job done successfully.
Let’s burn your curiosity bubbles about Fiverr in our next section. Let’s leapfrog into it.
What is Fiverr?
Fiverr is a freelancing marketplace that has been providing services since 2010. In the beginning, the price of a Fiverr gig was $5. Eventually, as the market started growing, the price limit was changed from a minimum of $5 to $10000.
Fiverr basically works like a broker between two parties, The seller and buyer. It protects the payment of the buyers until their job gets done. There are $2 charges for buyers if they order a service under $50 and 5.5% for more than that, which I think is fair. Moreover, Fiverr Support Strictly notifies their users to keep their communication and business inside the platform.
How Does Fiverr Works?
Fiverr is easy to learn a freelance platform. You can create your account using your Google email address and sign up on the site. After that, you will optimize your profile according to your niche. Suppose you are a graphic designer; use the correct tags and descriptions.
As mentioned above, Fiverr supports buyers and sellers working on their platform. That said, buyers search for a gig and select any relevant one. After discussing the timeline and budget, they place the order. You must first demand low so that more buyers can purchase your service.
After the work is delivered to the buyer, both parties leave feedback on their experience with each other, which is displayed on their profile publicly.
Categories of Gigs on Fiverr
There are over 300 job categories on Fiverr. You must find the right skill to learn, practice, and offer your service.
The platform offers a vast collection of Services. Here are some of the most popular services.
- Graphics Design
- Digital Marketing
- Web Design and Development
- CMS Development
- Videos and Animation
- Data Entry
- Content Writing
The list goes on and on. In a nutshell, you can find sellers of almost any type of service on Fiverr.
Is Fiverr Worth it?
Over the past few years, Fiverr has become one of the leading freelance platforms. It has become an ideal platform for beginners as well as professionals. They have an excellent support system for every individual working on their platform.
As said, if you are a beginner, you shouldn’t demand king ransom from buyers. It would be best if you got good reviews on your gig to be ranked further. Fiverr works pretty well for beginners, as it doesn’t require many qualifications and standards, unlike Upwork.
Is Fiverr Legit?
Fiverr is a legitimate freelancing marketplace, as most brands and top freelancers trust it.
Firstly, there is no screening process for sellers to filter out scammers and offer quality services. Secondly, there’s no proper and easy way to find a seller selling what he’s an expert in. I would recommend you check the seller’s profile thoroughly.
I would instead communicate first with sellers and ask them about their previous work experience and portfolio. In addition, you can scroll through the Reviews of his previous customers. Once satisfied, you can place an order.
How much does Fiverr cost?
Fiverr does not cost anything to register your account or create your gig. As mentioned, once a client orders from your gig, there will be a 20% fee for every order. Moreover, the amount will be transacted to your account in the 14-day time period, but it will be 7-days if you are a top-rated seller.
Fiverr works fine; if you are a beginner, make sure you acknowledge how Fiverr manages everything on its platform.
Tips for Fiverr Gigs – How to Create a Perfect Gig
Most beginners find themselves struggling to create a perfect gig. Let’s discuss it steps by step:
- Make sure you search for a low-competitive keyword with less than 1000 gigs.
- Write a good description of your gig and include keywords in it. (3% density)
- Make an attractive cover image of your gig.
- Set reasonable service prices, and ensure you don’t demand too high as a beginner. You can check other gigs related to your niche and set a reasonable price.
- If a client messages you, communicate with them and clear their doubts.
Issues You may Face as a Buyer & Seller.
There are some common issues sellers and buyers usually face while doing business on Fiverr. I would like to mention how you can walk through it.
As a Buyer:
- If the seller is not responding, you should contact support through the resolution center
- Sometimes, the sellers fail to deliver on time for some reason; you can extend the delivery time or ask for a refund.
- Sometimes, you’re not satisfied with the quality of work. In that case, the better way to cancel the order is “Mutual Cancellation.” Both parties will agree to cancel the order, and you’ll get a refund.
As a Seller:
- The buyer may place an order before discussing the project with you, and you can politely ask the buyer to place an additional order if you’re not satisfied with the budget.
- .The buyer may ask you for additional work with no money. You can help them if he’s not asking for something that costs you more time. Otherwise, you can contact Fiverr Support to help you solve the problem.
- Fiverr gigs stats drops suddenly after order cancellation. Here I’ll share a Pro Tip with you. I’ve been using it for years; contact Fiverr support and provide them with all the details with proof. If your reason is valid, they will fix your dashboard Order completion, and your profile will be healthy with time again.
Honest Opinion – Is Fiverr Good?
I think Fiverr is good for you if you are a Beginner Freelancer. I would also recommend Fiverr if you’re looking for services at low prices compared to other marketplaces. But you may face some consequences with over four years of experience as a level two seller. I think Fiverr supports Buyers if they’re wrong and forces sellers to satisfy clients even if they have to put in additional time without money.
Alternatively, there are some situations where they supported me. Such as. a year ago, a buyer placed an order for my gig without discussing project details. After a while, he wanted to cancel the order, and we mutually canceled. Due to an order cancellation, my profile was ruined. The gig stats dropped, and the same happened with the completion rate. I opened a case about this issue and asked Fiverr Support to help me recover my account’s health. After a few hours, they restored my account as it was before. Unfortunately, that order is still on the canceled list, and I had to work on my gigs to rank them again. But it was a good experience with Fiverr Support.
How to Find an Authentic Seller on Fiverr
Finding a Professional yet reasonable seller is not easy. There are a lot of beginners, nonprofessional sellers, and scammers in the market because Fiverr allows anyone to join and start selling without any screening process. Here are some tips which can help you find a good seller:
- Filter Sellers and look for level 1, 2, and Top Rated Fiverr Seller. Although, you can also buy services from new sellers after chatting with them and assuring everything is fine.
- Check reviews and feedback on the gigs. Make sure a seller is an active person.
- Check if they’ve taken any skill tests. This will verify their skillset.
- Check their experience and portfolio by messaging them on Fiverr.
- Ask them if they can do your job or not.
Check for things marked in the above image.
Should You Buy Fiverr Review?
To rank their gigs, Almost 80% of sellers get fake reviews by asking their friends to buy their gigs. This helps a lot in ranking gigs quickly. If they’ve skills, this will be helpful for them; on the other hand, if they are beginners without skills or scammers. This will hurt the reputation of their profile as well as the marketplace. The buyer landing on their gig will fall into their trap of fake reviews and end up losing money or canceling the order.
Yes, Fiverr is Legit. It’s competed for over 10 years, and its growing user base is exceptional. However, Fiverr needs to work on its marketplace to get more control over users’ activities and spot scammers. They should also support sellers because Fiver earns 20% of the commission from their earnings.