We all are habitual scrolling through feeds on Facebook, not realizing we can make money out of it. Well, of course, not by just scrolling, but by posting valuable content.
Facebook is one of the most used social media platforms, with more than 2.9 billion monthly users. It recently rebranded as Meta to sprout its business in the future. Moreover, the platform has so many users that it will be a hard nut to crack to stand out on Facebook.
There are a lot of ways you can start making money with Facebook. Although, your page should be monetized for that. Furthermore, Facebook has generated lucrative ways of earning for its users.
Let’s leapfrog into the next phase of our article without further ado.
What are the Essential Criteria for Making Money with Facebook?
Facebook can restrict your page if you are not obeying their community standards. Let’s highlight some points which can help you get monetization on your page.
- Community Standard: As mentioned, your page must not break any rule mentioned in the community standards. Otherwise, your page won’t be eligible on Facebook.
- Partner Monetization Policies: It highlights how your page will receive payments, what value it provides to the user and your content’s behavior.
- Content Monetization Policies: The rule applies to the level of your content. If there’s any violence found on your page, your page won’t be eligible for monetization.
Besides all these, you’ll need to create content that gives value to your audience. Moreover, make sure you research. Make it clean and high quality. You can create content for entertainment purposes, sales & marketing, information, and knowledge.
In addition, your Creator Studio will harbinger a signal if they find anything that violates their community standard.
What can’t you sell on Facebook?
If we talk about Facebook Marketplace, these are some things you can’t sell. These terms also apply to Instagram, and all buy/sell groups/pages.
- You can’t sell pets like birds and animals on Facebook Marketplace.
- You can’t sell drugs, alcohol, or anything that replicates it on Facebook.
- Healthcare-related items like first aid aren’t allowed to sell on their marketplace.
- You can’t sell fake items not considered a product, such as news, etc.
If you are a celebrity, it would be easy to make money on Facebook. Although, as an ordinary person, you’ll need to grow your audience for that. Let’s check out what are the seven different ways where you can start making money on Facebook.
8 ways How to Make Money on Facebook
1. Facebook Marketplace
If you have products to sell online, it’s free to start selling or buying on this marketplace. Although, there is a service fee charge from Facebook, which is 5% of any sale you make. You should sell the items we have mentioned above.
According to Statista, Facebook Marketplace has over 1 billion users, which makes it a lucrative marketplace.
Let’s check out some tips to get more views and sales on your product.
- Don’t add more than one product at a time. You can do it with another ID if you want to sell more products.
- Don’t violate any Facebook community standards, or they will remove your product.
- Add a reasonable price tag for your product.
- Don’t upload any sexual content as your product photo. Place your product on a table and take great images of it.
- Keep your communication good with the buyer, so he can be satisfied and buy from you again.
2. Affiliate Marketing
Facebook is a leverageable place for affiliate marketers. Although, you can’t promote your amazon affiliate links through Facebook ads, as the company doesn’t allow it. Moreover, you can promote it by posting it on your business page, groups, and profile.
In contrast, there are other affiliate programs that you can, can be promoted through Facebook ads. Furthermore, you can join buy or sell groups to promote your business and ensure the group has a large audience.
You can also create videos about your products, which helps bring a swath of customers. It will help you get more sales and leads.
3. Fans Subscription
It’s a flexible way of earning from your fans. They can subscribe to you for your content. However, there are some requirements for your page to get eligible for monetization.
- Your page must have more than 10,000 followers.
- Page must have 180,000 watch times on your page in the last 60 days or 50k+ engagements.
You can submit the application in the Creator Studio if you meet the criteria. If your page satisfies all the requirements and policies of Facebook, you’ll receive a notification when the subscription is enabled on your page. You can set the subscription fee by yourself in the studio.
4. Run Stream-Ads in your Video
If you have 10,000+ followers on your page, you’ll be eligible to run stream ads on your videos. Including ads in your video content is the best way to monetize. It’s suitable for long videos. You can also adjust the time of the ads to be displayed on your videos.
Moreover, your videos shouldn’t be less than 1 minute. You can adjust the settings where the ads should slot in. Please plan it at the start of the video or the end.
5. Enter Buy/Sell Group
There are buy/sell groups on Facebook, and you can search according to your product and brand. You can relevantly stuff about your business in the group, so people can consult with you about it and may buy it from you.
You can also post videos and affiliate links to get more sales from these groups. Moreover, describe your product precisely so buyers develop their interest in buying it. Also, ensure the group has enough audience, which doesn’t feel ghost.
6. Facebook Stars
Facebook Stars is another way to get monetization on your videos. Although, you’ll need 1,000 followers for at least 60 days. Make sure you can also read where these are eligible. The viewers send you stars, from which you can pay $0.01 for every star you receive.
You can enable it from Creator Studio >Monetization. Make sure you meet the Facebook community standards and eligibility. Furthermore, you can also make live videos, which will help you get more stars from your fans.
Here are some vitals to get stars from your viewers: –
- Engage with your fans daily, give credit, and value them.
- Go live daily, give them tips, and talk with your viewers.
- You can start a Questions to Answers (QNA) session to engage viewers in your live sessions.
7. Collaborate with Brands
You can collaborate with popular brands on Facebook, although you’ll need a large audience following you. There is a tool called Brand Collabs Manager, from which you can connect with several brands.
Make sure you post valuable things from which the other brands can trust and collaborate with you. Business owners are always delving for influencers, marketers, and social media experts so that their products can get more sales. Millions of small startups use Facebook to promote their brand.
8. Create a Subscription Group
Do you have content that isn’t available anywhere else? Then you should monetize your group, where people will subscribe to watch your content on Facebook. People can subscribe to your group for premium courses, tutorials, tips & tricks, and many other things.
You can also post live videos with your subscriber. Your content must be authentic and give the viewers the value they are paying you monthly.
The monetization requirements and policies apply to all pages, groups, and events. Here are some tips: –
- Create a schedule for your upcoming content and let your audience know about it.
- You can host live sessions on your group to engage viewers.
- You can pin posts that give gratitude to newcomers in the group.
Making money on Facebook is hard to crack, as billions of active users are thriving to knock others out. Well, we have described some ways to make money on Facebook. You can sell your cars, watches, shoes, and several products on Facebook Marketplace to boost your earnings.
We have mentioned making live videos for entertainment purposes, promoting your business via buy/sell groups, adding paid subscriptions on your group and pages, and running ads on your videos.
In a nutshell, Facebook is a profitable social media platform from where you can start your business and promote it to a large audience.